Verifying your PayPal accounts lifts the limits on your account, allowing you to withdraw more money and to send unlimited payments.
You however don’t need to verify your account in order to be able to withdraw your PayPal balance to M-PESA.
To verify your account, you’ll need to link and confirm a bank account or credit/debit card with PayPal.
NCBA Bank gives out a free Debit MasterCard to all Loop account holders which you can conveniently use for this task. If you don’t have a Loop account you can easily open one online using the Loop app then afterwards collect your card at your nearest NCBA branch.
Once you’ve your card with you, follow the steps below to verify your PayPal.
Step 1: Link Loop Debit Card to PayPal
Before proceeding, make sure your account has at least $2.95 which is required to confirm the card. Depending on the current exchanges rates this should be approximately KES300 but to be on the safe side ensure it’s about KES500.
- Go to PayPal and log into your account.
- In the summary page click the Link a Card or Bank button.
- Select Link a Credit Card
- Provide the details of your Loop MasterCard (i.e. card number, card type, expiration date and the security code) and click link card. Make sure the details of the billing address you use in PayPal matches those of your card to avoid any issues.
- $1 will debited from your loop account and immediately credited back. This confirms the card is valid.
Your card should be linked now but you still need to confirm it to finish the process.
Step 2: Confirm Linked Card
- Click the notification alerting you to verify the card you just linked.
- A page will be loaded with instructions on how to request for the code needed to confirm your card. Click the Get Code button to get started.
- $1.95 will be debited from your account. A verification code will be attached to this transaction in your bank statement after a 2-3 days however the charged amount will be refunded within 30 days.
- You can request a statement from the Loop app however this statement won’t include the code despite having the transaction. To get the code, you’ll instead have to contact NCBA Loop customer care. You can reach them via 0709 714 444 or 0730 714 444, [email protected], their social media handles or by submitting a ticket within the app. The code will be retrieved for you after placing the request.
- Log into your PayPal account and select the Verify your card notification again.
- Enter the 4-digit code provided to you and click Confirm. You should then get a message that your MasterCard debit has been confirmed.
Step 3: Check PayPal Account is Verified
Your PayPal account should be verified now but if you need to make sure just login into PayPal then open this link.
That should take you to a webpage indicating your member status is: Verified as shown above. Cheers!