When you signed up for your KRA PIN online for the first time, you were required to provide some information before you could get approved for the PIN. This information was in the following categories:
- Basic Information
- Obligation Details
- Source Income Details
- Agent Details
Now as time goes, it’s inevitable that some of the information you had provided back then has changed. Probably you have since that time gotten yourself a job, started your business, became a landlord or just changed locations. Whatever the reason, you may be obliged to update this information either because the law requires you to or for your own sake such as when you need to update your iTax email address. Fortunately, the iTax portal makes all this possible and what’s more, you get to do it entirely online.
Note however that some changes will require approval by a KRA officer while others are automatically approved on the iTax portal. These approval requests are answered via the email address you registered your KRA PIN with. Let’s see how to go about making these changes.
Updating iTax Details
|Update KRA Details|
1. Visit the KRA iTax Portal and enter your PIN first to continue. Next enter your password and answer the security stamp to login.
2. Before you can access the iTax dashboard, you may be prompted to verify your email address before proceeding. A pop up window will prompt you to send a one-time password (OTP) to your email address. Send this verification code and immediately check your email address. Enter the sent code in this pop window and click the Submit button.
NOTE: Verify your email address before 15 minutes are over otherwise the code will have expired.
4. Once you have access of the iTax dashboard, go to its menu then under Registration open the Amend PIN Details option.
5. This will open a e-Amendment of Registration form with details of your Applicant Type, Taxpayer PIN and Taxpayer names filled already. The only fillable field is the Mode of Amendment which you should set to Online Form then click the Next button.
|Select Online Form|
6. Doing that will open the Amendment form.
Before you can make any changes, put a checkmark on the PIN option shown above to select the sections that you wish to be amended.
7. That will reveal a list with all the sections that can be amended. Put a checkmark on all the sections you wish to make any changes on.
|Sections to Update|
- As previously mentioned, changing some details will require approval from a KRA officer while others are automatically approved. Examples of the ones that require approval include your Principal Postal Address, Contact details, Business Name etc. The rest are shown in the screenshot below:
8. Now go to whichever tab has the sections you have selected for amending and carefully update your information. Once you’re done, go to the bottom of the page and click on the Submit button.
10. You’ll immediately get a message notifying that all further communication from KRA will be sent to the email address you registered with. Click the OK button to confirm.
11. Doing that will take you back to the iTax dashboard with a message that your amendment request has been completed successfully. If you made any changes in sections that require approval you’ll now have to wait for an email address from KRA regarding the status of your approval. If not then you’re done updating your information.
Once the request is approved, you’ll get the above email. Download the attachement to view your PIN Certificate with the updated details.