Buying airtime using Tingg’s *369# USSD and app are the go-to methods for most people. However, a third option of using their website has always been available since the inception of the service.
The web version is much easier and quicker to use compared to the USSD. The only caveat is that you’ll need internet access to use it.
You can access it from either your mobile or desktop browser, however you’ll still need access to your phone as M-PESA is the only supported payment option.
The web version allows you to buy airtime for all the major networks including Safaricom, Airtel, Telkom and JTL (Faiba) with zero transactional charges from M-PESA.
Buy Airtime on Tingg’s Website
- On your browser, go to the Tingg web portal.
- Enter the number you wish to buy airtime for (Airtel, JTL, Safaricom or Telkom).
- Select the amount from the options available. If you need a larger or specific amount, select Other and enter amount manually.
- Enter the Safaricom number to pay with using M-PESA.
- Click the Buy Now button to submit the request.
- You will then get a notification on your phone’s Sim Toolkit requesting you to validate the payment by entering your M-PESA PIN. Input your PIN to complete the payment.
- After you receive the M-PESA transaction SMS, wait for a couple of seconds and your top-up should be completed successfully.
In case you don’t receive your airtime, make sure to contact Tingg’s customer care for assistance.