KRA’s iTax portal provides a convenient way to manage all your tax obligations as a Kenyan taxpayer. This is includes everything from applying for your KRA PIN, filing your annual tax returns to applying for your tax compliance certificate. As you can tell, some of these services require an email address to work.
Situations may however arise where you’d wish to change this email address. Perhaps the original email address got compromised/hacked or you had signed up with a work email address for a company you no longer work for.
Whatever the situation is, the good news is that you can update this email address and carry on accessing your iTax services as you had before. However as it’s mentioned in the iTax FAQ, this change requires approval by a KRA officer to take effect:
Change of email address can be initiated by the taxpayer. On the taxpayers profile under registration, the taxpayer is allowed to amend PIN details. Once the process is initiated by the taxpayer, a task is created for approval by a KRA officer.iTax
Update iTax Email Address
1. Go the KRA iTax portal and enter your PIN to continue.
2. Next enter your password and answer the security stamp to login.
3. Before you can access the services in the iTax dashboard, you may be required to verify your email address first. If this happens, a pop up window will prompt you to send an OTP (one-time password) to your email address.
Send the verification code and check your email address (the code expires in 15min so watch your time).
Enter this code in the pop window and click the Submit button.
4. Now just go to the menu and under the Registration item click the Amend PIN Details option.
|Amend PIN Details|
5. Doing that will open the e-Amendment of Registration form. The Applicant Type, PIN and Name fields will be automatically filled. In the Mode of Amendment select Online Form.
6. The Amendment form will be opened after this. Inside it, put a checkmark on the PIN option to view the sections to be amended.
7. That will open a list with all amendable sections. Put a checkmark on the Basic information option.
|Amending Basic Information|
- Amending some details requires approval from a KRA officer while others are automatically approved. The email address is inside the Principal Contact details and therefore will require approval.
8. Now at the top switch to the A_Basic_information tab. Scroll down and go to the Principal Contact details and enter your new email address.
|Update Email Address|
9. When you’re done, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Submit button.
10. You’ll get a prompt alerting you that you’ve registered the new email address as your primary email address in iTax. Click the OK button to confirm.
11. You’ll then get a message that the amendment request has been completed successfully.
Now just be patient as you wait for the request to be approved by a KRA officer. The approval will be communicated through your email address as follows:
Download the attached PIN certificate (PDF) which will have your PIN details including the updated email address.