Did you know that it’s possible to buy Telkom Kenya airtime using Safaricom’s M-PESA service? This is a lifesaver in situations where you don’t have T-kash or if you can’t find Telkom airtime in the shops.
You can buy airtime using one of two options:
- Using Lipa na M-PESA Pay Bills. Examples include Telkom’s very own 777711, PesaPal’s 220220 and iPay’s 510800.
- Using Tingg’s USSD, app or their online portal.
The major difference between these two options, is that using the Pay Bill option will usually incur you transactional charges from M-PESA while using Tingg carries no charges.
Let’s take a look at both methods.
1. Buy Airtime using M-PESA Pay Bill
- Go to the M-PESA menu on your phone.
- Select the Lipa na M-PESA option, then choose the first option Pay Bill.
- Select Enter business no. then enter 777711, then press OK when done.
- In the next menu select Account.no then enter your Telkom Kenya number.
- Under Enter Amount enter the amount of credit you want to purchase e.g. 50 and press OK when done.
- Enter your M-PESA Pin.
- Confirm the transaction by pressing the OK button.
- Make sure to confirm the transaction details. Should the details be wrong, enter any number or letter to cancel the transaction before the 25 seconds lapse.
- Now just wait for the M-PESA transaction SMS on your Safaricom line to confirm the transaction.
- Next, wait for a SMS on your Telkom line from e-jaze confirming a successful top-up.
- To confirm the top-up, dial *131# or *144# to check your airtime balance.
2. Buy Airtime using Tingg USSD
- Dial *369# using the Safaricom line with the M-PESA account you intend to pay with. (Note: you can also dial with your Telkom line, but this will charge you.)
- In the USSD menu, select the Buy Airtime option.
- Next, select the Enter a Number option.
- Select Telkom as the destination network.
- Enter the Telkom mobile number you want to buy airtime for.
- Enter the amount of airtime you want to purchase.
- Select M-PESA as the option to pay with.
- You will then get a prompt requesting you enter your M-PESA PIN to authorize the payment.
- Enter your pin and press OK.
- Wait a couple of seconds and you should receive an SMS from M-PESA confirming the transaction.
- This will be followed by a top-up SMS from Telkom’s e-jaze confirming a successful airtime top-up.
I bought airtime from iPay but it's a week now and I have not received. Their correspondent told me it's system error and they are working on it,let them use that money and Il never transact using that iPay
Sorry to hear that. You could try switching to Mula, which I've personally found to be quicker and reliable.