Safaricom’s My Data Manager is a feature that allows subscribers to control their data bundle usage. The basic function of this feature is an Out of Bundle Management feature that restricts data usage to only active bundles.
This way data is NOT charged from the subscriber account’s airtime once a data bundle is exhausted while browsing or downloading/uploading content.
This has been the only function up until recently when Safaricom added a new feature in Data Manager called Data Save. The Data Save feature works differently by throttling down the maximum speed at which one can connect to the internet.
It’s therefore a useful companion to this feature as one not only gets to save their airtime but also use less data.
Enable My Data Manager For Your Number
To enable My Data Manager feature that prevents billing data from your airtime after your bundle gets finished do the following:
1. Dial *100# and select My Account followed by Check my usage and balance.
2. In the next page select Manage my data usage followed by the option Don’t Browse without a data bundle.
3. This will open My Data Manager options. Now just select Activate and you should get a notification that the service has been activated.
Enable My Data Manager For Another Number
1. In My Data Manager menu reply with Activate/Deactivate for other Number.
2. Select Activate then reply with the Safaricom number of the other user. You’ll then get a notification that Data Manager has been activated for that number.
How to Deactivate My Data Manager
To disable My Data Manager just go through the steps for enabling but in the menu options select Deactivate instead. You can likewise disable the service for another number in the same menu it’s activated by selecting the Deactivate option.